Friday, September 1, 2023

A momentos day 09-01-23

Today was my 85th birthday.  How did I live so long?  I am now older than my mother and both  my grandmothers when they died. I find I am a little obsessed with this birthday and I just don't know why.  Anyway it has been a good day and cooler than the last few weeks. I had lunch with friend Carol Bednar at  our favorite lunch spot, Fitness Grill in Yorba Linda.  It was quite comfortable in the patio and it wasn't crazy full.  Pictures below.   I have a beautiful mixed flower bouquet which is  so tall I could only photograph it on the kitchen floor!  Lovely soft colors and no lilies which are beautiful, but the fragrance is too much.  Also picture below.


Grilled salmon sandwich with a sort of  mixed salad with thumb sized tomatoes.  It  is no longer on the menu, however I like it so much they are willing to make it  for me.   These days I cannot eat the entire thing, so I have half left for tomorrow's breakfast.

Chicken grilled on skewers and roasted veggies on a bed of rice.  Carol felt it was a perfect lunch. 

Since it was a birthday event we shared a dessert. An almond, raspberry bar with  fresh fruit and whipped cream. 


And to top off the day, Dave, the mail carrier, sang 'Flying me to the moon'!!  He has a very nice voice.

#   #   #

6 comments:

Golden Chip Roulette said...

Thanks for your enthusiasm and energy in writing this blog

abelian said...

Happy birthday! I have found that the “5” birthdays are harder than others, but not as hard as the “0” birthdays! Dottie

Mary Ann said...

Happy Birthday! And many happy, healthy more!!!
Mary Ann

Gayle M P said...

Happy Birthday Del.

Quite an achievement. Gayle in NZ

Kathleen Fields said...

Happy Birthday Del! It sounds like you had a wonderful day. May you have many more celebrations in the coming years! Kathleen

Sherrie Spangler said...

Happy Birthday, Del! It looks like you had a good day -- friends, food, flowers and a song.