Monday, January 15, 2024

A Monday Update 01-15-24

I haven't been able to blog for a few days because the Internet doesn't like me or my laptop  doesn't like me or maybe it is AT&T.  I do need to take the laptop in to see if someone can make the spacebar work all the time.  I'm still hitting it several times for each space.  Slows down typing speed and requires looking at the screen to see if it has spaced...or not!

When I am driving I try to identify the make of the cars around me.  Mostly by their identifying logo, but some I just recognize, like Tesla.  And I was thinking last week that I didn't see  many Volvos anymore.   So I specifically look for them - not many!  The workmen are still remodeling the  park behind our house and they park their very large equipment on our street which is right around the corner from the park  entrance.  This thing is huge and I and my neighbor wonder what they are going to do with it since the entire park has been sodded with real grass and looks like it is ready for the public again.  


Imagine my surprise when I actually focused on the back of it.  It is a Volvo.  Guess they are making huge vehicles instead of a bunch of bitty ones.   LOL

On a more serious subject...    I finally was able to get an appointment with a cardiologist and he had me wear a 24 hour  monitor about a week ago.   On Thursday he called to say I need a pacemaker - NOW!  So on this coming Thursday I will have the outpatient procedure at St.Jude in Fullerton.   Friday I had all the pre-op blood tests, x-ray, discussion with the OR nurse.  It took most of the day as there seemed to be hundreds of patients there for various tests.   I have thought of some questions, but the admissions lady who told me to call anytime, was not available today because of the holiday.  Of course.  

Pacemakers have  been in use for at least 70 years and one statistic shows that around the world 1,500.000 are implanted every year. Therefore I am not worried  about the procedure.  However, I do need to see about walking KoKo and driving and packing for the Pat Pauly workshop which starts on Feb 5th.  There is a huge materials list and I have pledged my two six foot folding tables.  At some point  the guys in the neighborhood are going to disappear when they see me coming. They are all so helpful to this old lady.  But there might be a limit. 

I don't anticipate any limit on computing or sewing.  And I hope this will give me my  energy back so that I might truly clean my house!  

#     #    #

4 comments:

Rebecca said...

Oh, best wishes for your procedure! I hope it gets you feeling more energetic soon; it doesn't look like you're going to slow down anytime soon!

Regarding Volvos: I remember serveral years ago, they moved away from their distinctive boxy shape, so now they're harder to pick out. Could that be a factor in their dwindling?

Rebecca said...

p.s. I always laugh when I hear about Husqvarna heavy equipment! I only know them for sewing machines!

abelian said...

I hope the pacemaker helps you to feel better. I’ll be sending you “good vibes” on Thursday. Dottie

Mary Ann said...

I hear Pat Pauly is very good teacher. Lucky you getting a class with her. My brother has a pacemaker and it did give him back some spark. Good luck with it.