Friday, January 19, 2024

Pacemaker Day 2 01-19-24

Day one of recovery.  Still no pain, but like so many wounds it itches like crazy!  There is a  very thick pad over the incision and rubbing it has no effect on the itch.  Went all around with Cortizone stick which helped a bit.  Today I did not have the tiredness I have been waking up with every day for years.  My oximeter read 81/96 and has been steady at 60/96 all day.  MUCH  better than the  38 to 50 it has been since I started  recording it in mid-summer.  I actually feel ALIVE!  Hope it lasts.  I am wearing the sling to remind me not  to lift my arm higher than my shoulder and  it is very effective.     Today I was drowsy, which I attribute to the  anesthetic,  so  have  just napped...read...napped...massaged KoKo...napped...read...  repeat!   A neighbor walked KoKo this morning, but he and I went about 5pm to do the short walk, a little less than a mile.  It was okay and I enjoyed the cool evening air. Have an appointment  next Tuesday to see the surgeon and possibly have a smaller bandage.  Thanks for the cheering notes.  Del

FLOWERS TO  BRIGHTEN YOUR DAY

French Marigolds

Amaryllis

Peonies

#    #    #



6 comments:

Gayle M P said...

It's great to hear your surgery went well, hope the pacemaker improves your quality of life. Gayle




Carol said...

This is such good news! Isn’t it amazing that it happened so quickly? To feel so much better when you wake up is grand!

Kathleen Fields said...

What wonderful news! I'm very happy for you!

abelian said...

Yay! Your oximeter readings are much better. You should start to enjoy your walks with KoKo now. Dottie

Rebecca said...

Marvelous news! It's so good that you are feeling better.

Anonymous said...

i'm glad you are on the mend Del !
walks with Koko are good for him and you!!
we enjoy the flowers and nature you record and share!
sonja