Sunday, April 12, 2009

Finally unloaded 04-11-09

Oh Dear, I think I have been writing 04-10-09 all day - seems that I lost 24 hours somewhere! I accomplished almost nothing yesterday. Just did one job, took a nap, did another job, took another nap.....! I've heard it said that one cannot catch up with lost sleep, but it always works for me.

The trip to Tulare to show quilts from the TCQC was a really great experience. Lovely guild and an attentive audience - even though all the Show N' Tell was traditional the members seemed interested in the contemporary quilts I showed. I did not even take my camera out of my purse! But members were taking pictures and I hope they will send me some to post on this blog.
This was my last task in unloading. The roll on top is my demo on how I roll my quilts for storage. Underneath are five 'packages' of about eight quilts each. On the bottom are my ancient orange beach towels which have been with me for about 50 years and are used to wrap all kinds of things. I have even used them at accident sites and had them returned all washed and folded! This time they covered the two quilt hanging racks I own, but when packing after the meeting the quilts got in before the racks, so the towels are just on the bottom. Now all the packages are opened and stacked on my cutting table to rest until I do a program on May 14th. I won't be home much between now and then, so I doubt I will need my cutting table.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Christine Thresh said...

Sounds like you had a good trip.

Fifty year old orange beach towels! What a life they have had. Amazing.