Thursday, April 16, 2009

The only things I have to offer today are a rose and a song. I am going north to stay with Mary for a few days and then we will go to our Empty Spools classes at Asilomar starting Sunday. Today have have been trying to pack and also I have been running around like that proverbial chicken. I always leave too much for the last minute and then MORE last minute things come up. My Lexus has much less of an odor, so I have been trying to figure out where things can fit inside of it. After eleven years and 219,000 miles everything has its very own place in the van. I'm finding out how much smaller this vehicle is. I will try to keep up with blogging, but the only place at Asilomar to get on the 'ether' is in the Administration Bldg and I can't do that in my nightgown. I'll do the best I can! My class is with Pamela Allen and she may keep us so busy we won't have any "chasing around" time - although I usually do anyway.

This is the only blossom on my Mr. Lincoln rose outside the kitchen window. It is one of my most favorite roses, actually it is many, many people's favorite. Such a rich velvety red and the fragrance is heaven - I wish I could attach a little of that to this blog post.

Rather than leave it all alone in my backyard I have cut it, put it in a bud vase and will take it to Mary. The deer eat all the roses where she lives.
Click on the pictures to enlarge.
Here is another wow of a song from Susan Boyle:
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Christine Thresh said...

A beautiful red rose to you for finding Susan Boyle's new (old) recording.

Loretta said...

I wish you a fabulous week at Asilomar and look forward to your return and report! Susan Boyle is a wonderful treasure for all of us. Happy camping and sewing at the beach!

meggie said...

That rose is stunning!