Saturday, April 10, 2010

SAQA Journal Spring 2010 04-10-10

There was a surprise in the mail today - the SAQA Journal for Spring 2010 containing an article about the TCQC with pictures of three quilts that are part of it: Ruth McDowell's "Ft. Morrison Jerseys", Elizabeth Barton's "Gathering Storm" and Ruth Powers' "Early Birds" are shown on pages 28/29. Another of Ruth Powers' quilts, "Burlingame Fire", is in the SAQA Member Gallery on page 18, as are quilts by two other quilt artists I have my eye on - Sue Reno and Nancy G. Cook. This is an interesting issue of the Journal with a number of helpful articles.
Suzanne Smith Arney, the free lance writer of the TCQC article, interviewed me back in Sep/Oct 2009 and this article is the result. I hope it encourages others to start a collection of art quilts, no matter how small.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Carol said...

Great news! I'd love to see it, Del.

Gerrie said...

I was inspired by you to start my own collection. When Laura Cater Woods was at my house she said she loved that I had incorporated textile art with our other art. You are an inspiration!!

Sara Kelly said...

The article about you in the SAQA Journal was a great read. I am always fascinated to hear what attracts a collector to part with her money. Thank you for considering art quilts fine art.