Monday, April 5, 2010

Another Ruth McDowell quilt added 04-04-10

Ruth McDowell has recently been creating chicken quilts! She has done quite a few and all but one have been sold. Check her website http://www.ruthbmcdowell.com/

"Rooster at Freddy's" Ruth B. McDowell 2009 24.5"W x 28.5"L
About this quilt Ruth said, "One of the fabrics I began this quilt with was a wonderful piece that Freddy Moran gave me several years ago. Apparently I was channelling Freddy, since the quilt kept reminding me of the wonderful color scheme in her kitchen, golden marble counters and all! "
As I remember Freddy's house this quilt is not bright enough! One thing that stands out in my memory is a very large porcelain rooster that Freddy had in her dining room when I saw it - surely three feet tall and every bit as cocky as this guy is. My kitchen is blue and white (very dull compared to Freddy's, but there is a narrow wall beside the door into the dining room that is perfect for this quilt. However, he looked a little lonesome, so while I was at Asilomar I bought him a girlfriend and will post her image next Sunday.
I'm still doctoring the cough - it is surely the return of what I had in Dec/Jan and I am very tired of it. Mostly I have been popping pills and resting and reading. Thank goodness my friends keep me supplied with books and distilled water for the humidifier.
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Corky said...

Hope you feel better soon Del. Love this Ruth quilt and look forward to seeing his girlfriend next week.

Gerrie said...

I love these chicken quilts. I hope you are taking good care of yourself.

dee said...

Rest up Del. That cough thing just goes on and on. It's been two months for me and I'm still coughing. Probably going right into allergy season and not missing a beat.

Words can hardly express how much I like this quilt. The colors are spectacular. It will make your day brighter just having it up to look at.
Thinking of you and hoping you're much better soon.

Terry Grant said...

Feel better soon, Del.

I really love this quilt! I want to just look at it all day today. I planned to make a rooster quilt for the SAQA auction, and having seen this I don't know whether to be discouraged or inspired!

Unknown said...

Another beautiful quilt... how does she do it so consistently?

Meggie said...

A wonderful happy bright chicken.