Sunday, June 13, 2010

Ruth Powers quilt on my blog 06-13-10

"Don't Piss Off the Fairies" Ruth Powers 2008 12" square
This was one of the SAQA one-foot square auction quilts in 2009. I am so happy that I was able to add it to the Thomas Contemporary Quilt Collection. Besides the priceless look on this fairy's face, Ruth Powers technical skills are outstanding. I've posted some details below, showing her fabulous quilting. She does teach for guilds around the USA and has been to England and Wales on a teaching trip, so if you are looking for a great FMQ teacher give her a shout!
www.ruthpowersartquilts.com

I love the little flower Ruth stitched on the right center here - like a violet calla lily.

Green and blue, divided by aqua - this side could also be a quilt.

This is part of a wing - so elegant.
Ruth recently sold her quilt "Spring Burning" and I am so happy - not just for her, but for the buyer who will be able to look at it every day. If that person had not purchased it I would have been forced to come up with the money myself! But I keep having this little voice in my head saying "you can't have every quilt you covet". I think that must be my financial advisor 8>)))
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Susan Turney said...

What a darling quilt. I would imagine you had some competition in the bidding! Thanks for always posting such interesting quilts and flowers and everything else!

Ruth Powers said...

Thanks for the great press! I'm so glad that you got this little quilt and I had no idea you were interested in "Spring Burning"! I'm very flattered!!

Jeanne Turner McBrayer said...

I love this little quilt! Lucky you to have a Ruth Powers quilt in the collection.