Monday, March 4, 2013

Third day at Empty Spools/Asilomar 03-03-13

One of my online friends mentioned that I hadn't shown pictures of my fabric selections.  So, here they are.  These all came from Back Porch Fabrics.


The top one is delicious and has tiny, long-legged bluebirds (right on the fold and upside down!); next down is one from the sale table with follow-the-dots images to test for color fastness and donate to the philanthropic efforts of Surfside Quilters Guild; then a lovely acid green with streaks of red "foam"; the next red one is another sale table piece for the philanthropy effort, the turquoise with orange spots I thought I might use in the strip sets project, but it is too strong; on the very bottom is a funny print of huge strawberries.

Follow-the-dots fabric.

The center berry is about eleven inches long - pretty outrageous.
 

In the Cotton Patch shop in the back section of Merrill Hall I found these two prints.  The top one could be a walkway or wall or ??.  The bottom one comes in several more muted colors, but I love this red and yellow with orange dots.   All of the fabrics are in my classroom, so I can't give you manufacturers or designers. 
 

This is more construction, mostly finished, but the stairway down to the administration building is blocked off.   The roof of the building can be seen just right of the glowing lamp at center.
 

Turning to my left I shot this image of the paved path continuing to Merrill Hall where they have re-laid the stones on the veranda that looks out to the sea. 
 

This poor pine tree has been dying for years.  I have thought they left it for the owls and other tree nesting birds.  The foreign fungus that has devastated trees all over has killed almost all the trees in the area, so there is very little truly forested land around.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Quiltedtime said...

Okay, I am happy now, Del. I got to see your fabrics. Love those huge strawberries!

Loretta said...

I am drooling ... wonderful fabric! The new walkways look to be in keeping with the casual comfort of Asilomar...and most importantly look to be more easily walked upon without the fear of tripping (that's my major fear these days!).