Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Asilomar 5th Day 03-05-13

Exhausted!  Seems to be my normal state of being these days - I am too tired to write much and, as you see it is midnight.  Very stormy right now, strong gusty wind and rain.  These old buildings creak and rattle, guess I might need my earplugs tonight. 


I have mostly worked on this piece - this image was Monday night when I quit.   The skinny black vertical lines are very narrow cuts of black fabric, but in the final quilt they will be either couched rat-tail or stitched with perle cotton.  There is no blue in this quilt, the blue areas are actually white with black print.
 

This is where I ended tonight (Tuesday) and I forgot to pin in the skinny black lines.  I still need to sew on the acid green border on the right side.  It is on the table because I couldn't get the right light on my board.  It is about 15 inches wide and maybe 3 feet long.
 

I showed the "Sea Glass" quilt by Dolores Roseveare last night.  She made two more today - a "Sea Glass" series.  They look quite nice hung as a triptych.
 

Laura Lake made two very contrasting quilt tops.  This bright one with a black background.

And this orange and blue with a very pale background.
 
 
Barbara O'Beirne came the greatest distance for this class - the Yucatan.
She made two quilt tops - these bright houses and  very colorful abstract piece that I posted on yesterday's blog.

Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Loretta said...

Del, We go to Asilomar for rest, relaxation and refilling our creative selves! Are you doing that? Please publish your finished project...I love the colors and the very narrow strips of black are a spectacular addition. Beautiful.

abelian said...

I love your quilt, Del. It looks like you're getting your batteries recharged at Asilomar.

Dottie

Dolores said...

I miss you already!! XX

Anonymous said...

Nice colours!