Saturday, November 22, 2014

Christmas preparations 11-22-14

It has been about six years since I stopped celebrating Christmas.  It all seemed so phony with so many people focused on buying and exchanging gifts.  AND since I don't have family it didn't seem that I belonged anywhere.   I decided to step out of the mad house.  Sometimes I miss it, expecially making the ornaments and gifts.  Maybe some day I will buy into the hysteria again.  Meanwhile, I sometimes revisit the things I have made in the past.  



This was for a quilt guild project to make stockings for some worthy cause.  2005


When a clever pattern came into the quilt shop where I was working I had to make some samples.  These turkey pins are three hearts turned and softly stuffed and a "butternut squash" turned and very lightly stuffed.  They are about 3-1/2" square.  The problem was that the customers wanted to buy the finished pins, not the pattern!  I made more than a hundred of these cute little guys and still wear one at Thanksgiving time. 

Love these button/bead Santa heads.  Very labor intensive if one sews on the buttons and beads, they can also be glued on, but then are missing the threads through the button holes.  They are about 7-1/2" long. 

Teenaged Reindeer quilt  35" x 40" (approx)
This quilt was part of a challenge done by a friendship group.  The tiny squares were drawn from bags of squares brought by each member.  
The other fabrics were rolled or folded and everyone had their choice from the pile on the table. 


#   #   #


2 comments:

Carol said...

I don't remember the turkey. He is a winner!

Loretta said...

Love, love, love the turkeys. Have a wonderful holiday!