Thursday, November 20, 2014

Using selvedges 11-20-14

In the Surfside Quilt Guild it is a tradttion for the outgoing president to give each of her board members a gift.  Sometimes these are handmade.  Jan Hirth, who was President in 2012-2013 made each officer a little quilt using selvedges that she saved.  I was surprised to see that the one she gave me is personalized.  Other than the section that has the guild masthead, my name and my job (done on her printer) she has included other words that refer to my interests: "On the Road", "Dogs Spotted Everywhere", and "Quilt Diva".  Pretty clever. 


On the back there is a rainbow stripe and a Dresden Plate rainbow with the logo in the middle. 

Our logo represents our location in San Clemente with the western sunset to the right of Catalina Island and palm trees waving on the edge of the Pacific Ocean.  

I save my selvedges for whoever wants them and have a small box full to give to Jan.  Thanks Jan for all you do. And again for the clever little quilt.   
#   #   #

3 comments:

Loretta said...

Another fun idea from Surfside Quilters Guild!

Suzanne Kistler said...

What a great idea! I need to venture past just using them for postcards. Love it!

Quiltedtime said...

Very sweet and the best use of selvedges I have seen so far.