Saturday, January 24, 2015

Marianne Burr quilt - NOT in TCQC 01-24-15

Now that the Visions biennial, "The Sky's the Limit" is over, I want to share a quilt that I just love.  However, I  bought one of her quilts at Quilt National two years ago and am still waiting or it to appear after the QN quilts finish touring.  .Marianne's work is all done by hand using a base of heavy felt - it is just amazing.  This exhibit had more handwork than any exhibit I have ever seen - embroidery, embellishments, hand applique, kantha, you name it.   


"Eleven 3 Eleven"  Marianne Burr 2014  32"W x 43"L






Pictures don't do the quilts justice, but it is one of the only ways to share.  Unless you would like to hire me to bring quilts to your guild for a trunk show!
#   #   #

3 comments:

Beverly said...

Wow- that one is gorgeous, Del, definitely worthy of your recognition award! Can't wait to see the one you've added to your collection.

Loretta said...

I just LOVE hand stitching....provides a visual intimacy that long-arm machine quilting misses out on! I too await the return of your purchase.

shilsenbeck said...

Thanks for sharing this -- she has a really unique vision.