Monday, January 26, 2015

Roberta Chalfy Miller quilt from SAQA auction 2013 01-25-15

 I have photographed this quilt three times trying to show a better representation of the color.  But it always comes out blue and yellow with a blue backing.  It is actually green, turquoise and ivory with a burgundy back!  I don't know why this is happening, my other pictures are fairly true to the actual colors.  Anyone know?   I think I purchased this because of the unusual materials used.  There are skeletonized leaves, a coarse  plastic (?) netting, paper and what appears to be gel medium.  

"Distance Mulitplied by Time" Roberta Chalfy Miller 2013  12"X12"
I'm math impaired, but I think that distance X time = speed.  A very long title for a little quilt. 


There are six skeletonized leaves.  The buttons are horizontal, I failed to rotate the image. 

 
This appears to be Angelina, but not the sparkly kind.  It forms a sort of raggedy border around the quilt. 

Here are the buttons again, in the correct orientation, and the mesh which looks like that used for bagging small veggies - like pearl onions or garlic.  

A machine written label - no contact though.
The edge is finished with an open zig-zag. 

Sort of plaid quilting on the burgundy backing.  

I must admit I like the coloration of the images more than those of the actual quilt, but I am that way about yellow and blue, one of my favorite combinations. 
 #   #   #

1 comment:

Dolores said...

A wonderful quilt!!