Tuesday, August 25, 2015

A little fishy box 08-25-15

Three years ago I took these pictures at the home of my friend Joan in Pacific Grove.  I thought at first it was a netsuke, but it is a little carved ivory box (the owner of the box tells me it is not ivory - don't know what it is made of).  I don't have any information about the it, I just think it is wonderful. 
 
One side of the about 2.5" tall box.
 
And the front of the box.
 
And the other side.
 
And with the lid off. 
What a wonderful little treasure.
 
See an update on this on 09-30-15
 
#   #   #
 
 

3 comments:

shilsenbeck said...

It is wonderful -- so cool that each fish is different and has it's own expression.

Mary said...

Hi Del, I too have one and it is a little circle of Puffins. It was made in England about 1996 by a company called "Harmony Kingdom". It resides on our library shelf and I can't believe that you have never noticed it! It has a little surprise inside. Mary

Loretta said...

A splendid little piece of art!