Sunday, October 11, 2015

Quilts at the Mancuso Oasis Quilt Festival 10-11-15

I'll show quilts through out the week as I am able to edit and resize them. 
The missing quilts did not turn up at this exhibit.  I hope they are found before Pacific International Quilt Festival opens in Santa Clara next weekend.  

 One thing I didn't get a photo of was a sign in one of the booths selling fabric.  They were selling new fabric and "Pre-owned Fabric"!  I couldn't find the booth, but was told the pre-owned fabric was sold individually in Baggies. 
 
 
This is the quilt that won the "Best of the World" prize.





This quilt won first prize - Traditional of the World contest.
This is a pure white quilt, but I have darkened it a bit so you can see the design.



This is the first prize winner in the non-traditional category.
Thom C. Atkins is an expert at beading his quilts.
 


 
This quilt won Best Machine Workmanship.

I was impressed with the dimensionality of this trolley.


This quilt was the Best of Country for Japan.  It is spectacular and one of my favorites.




 

There was quite a bit of talk about this little guy, a bichon.




 

This starts the story in the lower left hand corner and goes around the quilt.
#   #   #

1 comment:

Neroli Henderson said...

Thanks for sharing! So nice to read Coco got a bit of discussion going, I hadn't heard that yet. Lovely to read. Great to see some photos of her exhibited too. I'll go give her a tummy pat for you :) (She's 18 and 2 months now!).