Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Last of the quilts from Oasis Quilt Festival 10-14-15

These are the final pictures I took at Oasis.
 
This is definitely a copy from Erte.  Notice that all the fascinators are the same, just different colors.


Detail of the fancy stitching - very stylish.

Applied decorative trimming.

Linda does beautiful work.


What lovely sinuous stitching lines.

They don't all look like birds, but we know that is what they are.

Laura's work always appeals to me. 
 


 
Here are two more quilts that were displayed without the maker's names.  Apparently this is because they have yet to be judged at PIQF this weekend.  I'm sure the makers are not happy and neither am I, I don't like to post anyone's work without attribution.  If you know who made these "anonymous" quilts, please let me know their names.

Channel quilting is perfect for this quilt.



This quilt was made by Kristin Shields.
Blogger won't let me switch these last two, so the detail comes first. 

 
 
More appropriate quilting lines to enhance the design.
 


3 comments:

Karen Rips said...

I like the modern quilts. The yellow one looks like the black is painted on

Anonymous said...

The red & white unidentified modern quilt might be Kristen Shields. Check her website/blogg.
Thank you so very much for sharing your thought on the quilts from Palm Springs. You always find things I completely overlooked. You are a good teacher.
Sally

Kristin said...

Thank you Del! Yes, that's mine. I was also thrilled to find out it won third in the category at PIQF!