Monday, October 12, 2015

More quilts from Oasis quilt show 10-12-15

Here are eight more quilts from Oasis.  It is sometimes hard to decide what to photograph and I have become more discerning as I age and no longer try to take a picture of every quilt.  Some I take because of the wondrous work(wo)manship, some for the color, some for the subject and some because I want to show them to a quilting friend.  It is important to give credit to the artist and I rarely show a quilt without attribution.
 

This quilt is Best of Country for Israel.
I've taken pictures of Maya's quilts at other shows.  Check for her name on the side bar.


 

Simplicity, but it still looks like buildings

 

There always seems to be one really different quilt in these big shows.  This one cried out to be played with and when I walked past it on Saturday someone had poked in some of the cones.  Just couldn't resist, I guess.

 
Below is a side view - the cones are about 18" long. 
 

This is a datura which is closely related to brugmansia/Angel's Trumpet.
These flowers point up while brugmansia hangs down.

 
 

This quilt is the Best of Country for South Africa.  Fabulous quilting, but it kind of died on a background of the black backdrop.  Trapunto.



 

I'm always hooked by a bird quilt and this large image of a peewee is very nicely done.
 


 
This quilt received an Honorable Mention in the Traditional category.
 



 

I do not  care for the "Rainbow Goddess", but the background is truly amazing.  Such delicate images, very realistically done.



The crocodile whose tail becomes a river and a seahorse within a wave.


 
Kangaroo, meerkats, lion, turtle, polar bear, and some kind of antelope.
#   #   #
 

1 comment:

Loretta said...

I spent the past couple of days at PIQF --- the quilts are sensational! No, the quilts have not yet been found!!!
Loved the exhibit!