Friday, September 2, 2016

Road Trip Maine - Just driving today 09-02-16

Not much to take pictures of - blue sky with little fluffy white clouds, trees both deciduous and coniferous, cars, trucks, construction zones, a few farms in the distance, three horses and a herd of dairy cows and some goats.   Much of this too fleeting to snap a shot.  I tried to pick up a bit of the first changing of the leaves, but again too fleeting as I drove past.  You may not be able to even see the difference in these images.   Just a hint of yellow, orange and red.  I only saw a few sumac turned the lovely red, but I wasn't quick enough with the camera.   Tonight  I am in Erie, Pennsylvania, at another HIE.  It is attached to an indoor water park and is very noisy with children running around and hollering.  Glad I have my earplugs to help me sleep.
 
 
 
 
#   #   #

3 comments:

Loretta said...

Still just driving on the 3rd! Take care and take a rest now and again!

Loretta said...

Here we are Labor Day and no travelogue for two days....Del, are you OK?

Linda said...

Fun road trip, thanks for including us...
I have a completely different take on the large farms somehow being intrusive to the landscape. I see it as a reminder that there are still "pioneers" among us willing to continue the hard work of feeding Americans. Surely, those farms have been there for a couple of centuries before a long smooth freeway "intruded" on their property. And no doubt was a "TAKE" rather than paying the farmer fair market value for the land.
Safe travels...