Sunday, October 15, 2017

SAQA auction quilt by Charlotte Ziebarth 10-15-17

Only three of the SAQA auction quilts were added to TCQC this year.  Several I was interested in were sold before they got down to my price range. 
 
This one by Charlotte Ziebarth is very unlike any of her work I have seen before and it really jumped out at me.  The colors, the balance of the design, the quilting to accentuate the different motifs.  Very striking.   Although I have one of her beautiful silk scarves, this is the first piece of Charlotte's in TCQC.

"Circling Around"  Charlotte Ziebarth - Colorado,  12"X12"
Digital image of paint-collage artwork, cut, rearranged, layered, painted, stitched.
Silk, cotton, acrylic paint, rayon and cotton threads.
 

She has nice control of her 'cobblestones'.

These circles are printed on the fabric, which appears to be silk. .

This is the back with the label fused at the side rather than the bottom.

The label doesn't have a contact or size, but I will add those. 
 
#   #   # 


 

1 comment:

Loretta said...

A lovely little quilt...I too like the fabric colors and quilt design. Boy, I do need to get back to my Pfaff and practice my quilting. I very much like the free but purposeful use of machine quilting, but in a very inspirational and non-traditional way. I'll see if she has a website, too.