Wednesday, February 28, 2018

Day 4 at Empty Spools with Sue Benner 02-28-18

We have started on our second project which is a repeat of the first but with the completed quilt a 3 Block by 3 block piece.  Which requires making ten more 8-1/2" squares with fused cutouts that resemble flowers.  Some students have finished their blocks, but not started to put them up on the design walls yet.  I have only eight blocks cut out, but not ready to fuse.  Unfortunately I have caught a cold and my nose is a faucet requiring constant tissue application.  Bummer.  But I sort of expected this when the class started with three sickies and I am sitting across from one of them.  No hard feelings, it happens - all it takes is three days exposure for me.  


I did not take any pictures today, but will apply myself tomorrow, both to my cutting and to my picture taking.
  
Tonight was the night many students go out to dinner because there is no evening program.  But I didn't want to go out with a drippy nose, so ate in the dining hall.  Meatloaf, rice and half cooked green beans.  I like them at least cooked through, if not mushy.   Lovely lemon custard pie for dessert.  


I had a massage with Heidi this morning and she did wonders for my poor shoulder.  Came back to my room and had a rest, skipped lunch, and went back to cutting "flowers".   Also did the class list today, which some of you are familiar with - sunshine yellow with the room map on the back.  Something I enjoy doing for every class I take here.   Since I have mostly done two weeks each year (and one time THREE) I have quite a file of these detailed lists.

Not much blooming this year, except for the almond trees along I-5 when I drove up last week.  But these lovely blue "flags" are all over the place.  Don't know what they are for.  My room is in Manzanita, which is the building in the background in the center of the picture.
#   #   #
  

1 comment:

Carol said...

So sorry you caught a cold. Darn it! Parts of Santa Barbara are being evacuated tonight because of predicted mudslides. Good grief!