Monday, February 18, 2019

The rain has stopped for now and we had a beautiful blue sky.  But there were clouds over the mountains and I imagine they had snow today.  The temperature here in Placentia was down to 36F during the night and only 60F high.  It was too cold for us to walk at 7am, so we waited until about 10am and that is when I took these pictures.  Sorry I can't clean them up before posting, but I haven't figured out how to do that on this new laptop.  

Our house is right of center where you can see a lamp post sticking up.  It will have a badly needed paint job in March, but the same color.  It is a one story house, but has a huge attic.

I have always liked palm trees, they say "CALIFORNIA" to me.  But they do shed huge fronds in the wind and require regular pruning to avoid a dry "skirt" susceptible to fire.  

KoKo is going to San Clemente tomorrow to stay with Nancy Ota.  Since KoKo was her dog and spent the first two years of his life with her it is like old home week.  She is the one who taught him his good manners, but they need to continually be reinforced.  He seems to forget sometimes, guess he takes after me!

#   #   #



No comments: