Monday, February 18, 2019

Quilt "Calm in Chaos" by Del 02-17-19

I'll be driving up to Pacific Grove this week to deliver and hang an exhibit at Back Porch Fabrics.  This group of quilts from the Thomas Contemporary Quilt Collection is
 "People and Critters". 
 Unlike last year's "Birds" exhibit, I don't have enough people or critters to fill the gallery.  So, this will be a mixed show.  

As has been my practice with these exhibits there will be some of my own quilts also.    Three of my people quilts will be included, two self portraits and one of my late husband.  You may be familiar with the one shown here as it is my online photo.  The background is composed of cuttings from many previous fused projects, creating the chaos that sometimes invades our lives. I made this in 2005 and my life is not so chaotic now and I am not so calm when it gets chaotic.   Now that I am old!

The quilts will hang in Back Porch Fabrics, 157 Grand Avenue at Central, Pacific Grove, CA, from Feb 22 until May 8, 2019, so they will be up for all the sessions of Empty Spools Seminars at Asilomar Conference Center.  

I hope you will have a chance to visit the shop during that time.  

#   #   #

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

I once read a story that talked of surveying "seniors" about what age is "elderly" (or old, or some such term.) What was interesting is the consistency of the answers.

Not a specific number.

Many claimed old age starts about ten years older than their current age!

So maybe you are "old" to your 2005 self, but young to your 2025 self!

Cheers.