Tuesday, February 19, 2019

Heading north in the morning - I hope

I'll be driving north on I-5 tomorrow, hope the weather will be clear and sunny.  I'll stay the night with Mary Leakey in San Juan Bautista, take the quilts to Back Porch on Thursday, and help hang them.  Maybe lunch at one of my favorite spots.  And, of course, I will support the economy while I am at Back Porch! 

I cannot work out how to use this new laptop.  I do have some pictures from the past, but they seem to be in no order and there are no captions!   This new computer stuff is HARD.  Also, my cursor keeps jumping back into previous paragraphs, so I can't type very fast while I am watching every word I type.  Woe is I!  


I tried to find a picture of something that will be at Back Porch and the only one I could find is Ruth McDowell's  "Fort Morrison Jerseys".  It is one of the "critter" quilts.
She made this quilt in 2003 and it is 65.5" wide X 45" long.  Like all of her quilts it is completely machine pieced and machine quilted.  A quilter who is married to a cow farmer said her husband was impressed that Ruth got all the stanchions correct.  Most of us just want to pet the cow's necks - but no touching allowed!  

#   #   #

1 comment:

Sherrie Spangler said...

Have a safe journey. I love that quilt shop, even though I've only been there once.