Friday, May 24, 2019

Friday Food - Lunch at Solare near VAM 05-24-19

On Tuesday after seeing the current quilt exhibit at Visions Art Museum in San Diego, Carol and I went to Solare for a lovely, peaceful lunch.  There were no other diners at about 1:30pm, so we had the complete attention of our waiter.  The service was excellent!!

We did not eat dessert first, but I am still struggling with importing pictures into my blog and this is the order they came out.   

My choice for dessert was the raspberry tart and if I hadn't been in hog heaven I should have taken a picture of the inside.  It was a creamy filling, almost like zabaglione - delicious.  And their dessert presentations are always so artistic. 

For my actual lunch I had lamb lasagna, which I have never eaten before.  Very nice and enough for my dinner the next evening.  

Carol chose chocolate salame for her dessert.  I have had it before and it is exceptional with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. 

And for her lunch Carol ordered the Chicken Piccata.  She let me have a taste and it was lovely.  Lots of nicely cooked veggies. 

It rained while we were inside, but when we were finished the rain had stopped and the sun was trying hard to break through. 

#   #   #

3 comments:

Sherrie Spangler said...

I always check out the dessert menu first. It helps with planning what else I eat.

Rebecca said...

Reading this as I am starting to think about dinner, I looked up the menu. It all looks so very good, I couldn't go too far. And just down the street from VAM! Making a mental note.

Carol said...

What a perfect day!