Tuesday, May 21, 2019

Peonies 05-21-19

Trader Joe's is having their annual Peony Spectacular and I couldn't resist.  They don't last very long as cut flowers, but they are so lush and colorful they are worth the cost.  This year all my store has is this salmony color.  Too bad they don't have a fragrance, but then that might be too much! 


This blossom is open to show the lovely gold threads inside.
The center top one in the group picture has already fallen apart.  Short lived, indeed. 

#   #   #

3 comments:

Loretta said...

They are soooo beautiful....Thanks for sharing.

Rebecca said...

When I worked in Minnesota, a man in my department would bring in peonies each spring. I would come in to find a big newspaper cone of flowers on my desk, and tiny little ants escaping. :-D I also grew up with some in the back yard. That's something from cold climates I miss (as well as big, lush bunches of lilacs). Ah, artifacts of spring. (SO unlike here...spring ain't much! Especially this year.)

Mary Ann said...

I have white, pink and red peonies. They are ready to open, maybe this next week. I have so many white that I had to tie them up to a stake. Too heavy for their stalks! I have never seen orange peonies, is that a CA thing?