Sunday, November 17, 2019

A Del Thomas quilt 11-17-19

I have looked through a lot of pictures lately in preparing for the gallery guide for The Ruth B. McDowell exhibit at Visions Art Museum in San Diego this winter.  It opens in January and I will post more about it in the future. 

Meanwhile I have been reminded of lots of events, travels, people, and quilts.  This is one I made in 2004 which is in a private collection. 

Inspired by a road cut on I-40 just south of Kingman, AZ.  I did several in a series and think I might do some more after all these years.  Some artists go back and forth in a series their entire artistic careers.  Why not?   

"Road Cut - Arizona" Del Thomas  2004  34" W X 28"L
Commercial cottons, hand-dyes.
Machine pieced, fused, machine quilted.  

DETAIL  The little dark rectangle at top is a shadow. 

#   #   #

No comments: