Tuesday, March 31, 2020

Looking to the future 03-30-20

Now that we have another month of isolation I am thinking I need to get myself on a schedule.  Of course, we have a daily schedule for KoKo and, therefore, for me.  Out for our walk sometime between 7am and 10am, breakfast, play with Froggy, sometime between 1pm and 2pm out to backyard to piddle and look for dogs in the park behind us, 5pm dinner, 7pm out for our evening walk.  In between we have Froggy on demand and lots of petting, brushing, and massaging.  

Guess I don't really have time to do anything else, eh?  

Today I hauled the step ladder in to change the light bulb over the sink, which I use a lot.  I don't do ladders any more, but I felt more secure on it than on a step stool with nothing much to hold on to.  It worked okay and I was glad I had a new bulb I could put up there.  

I also finished reading "The Pelican Brief" (John Grisham's third book published in 1992) which I had not read before, but I remember the movie very well, it was a great one.  It is interesting to see what changes were made in the plot and I wonder why they were necessary.  One thing that isn't in the book is the chase and explosion in the parking garage.  Those scenes have stayed with me and I am always a little apprehensive when I park in one of those structures.  Of course, the characters in the movie give faces to the characters, even if they do not resemble the descriptions in the book.   I have been borrowing books from my friend Carol's little library structure on the sidewalk in front of her house.  There are half a dozen of these handy libraries around my area, offering a selection of books that you can borrow and return, or replace with a book donation of your own, or just borrow.  In a pinch I could visit them in the middle of the night when I have an attack of insomnia. 


In keeping with everyone's recommendation I talk to someone everyday; today the girl in the window at Starbucks and my friend Liz on the phone.  A pause in the isolationitis. 

Stay well.  Stay home.  Stay in touch.  Love, Del & KoKo
#   #   #  

2 comments:

Loretta said...

https://youtu.be/A_set7Do_gg
When you need a chuckle today...open this video! ;-)
Thanks for your rambling on...I understand rambling! I do love the book box idea -- is this a result of only your friends sharing and others started too? Do you live in a homeowners group area and the group started it? Anyway, it is a wonderful idea and I would like to start it here in my neighborhood. My thought though...in our rainy seasons, do the books get wet? Perhaps the box is made especially so they do not? If you can tell me about the boxes, I'd love to know more.
Del, have yourself a lovely day...perhaps take on another fun little quilt..also I miss your Saturday stories! Stay well.

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

Sounds like you have a great schedule going. Making sure you talk to people every day is a good idea. I try to make sure I say hello from a distance with everyone I meet when I walk Zeus.