Thursday, April 2, 2020

Thursday Thoughts 04-02-20

Here are some treasures that dwell on the bottom of the kitchen utensil drawer.  I don't use any of them any more, but they don't take up much room and I will probably keep them until I die. They are just there. Can you guess what they are?



On the top is a spoon holder that goes on the side of a pot, the spoon fits in the spring looking thing.  On the left are two keys to open flat cans (like sardines) and a bottle opener from Lucky Lager beer which is "age dated", for whatever that is worth.   On the right are tools to get things out of tall, skinny bottles;  a spear for something like olives, a spring loaded fork for removing heavier items like sausages, a spoon from Tupperware, circa 1962. I'm sure there is a "church key" somewhere in the house, maybe in a tackle box.  This is the kind with which I am most familiar (picture from Wikipedia) and I am surprised that they are still available on a lot of sites.   


All this old stuff I just hang onto.  I'm certainly not in the mood to clean out drawers and closets, or the garage.  Doesn't fit with my idea of isolation.  Sewing and reading are better. 
#   #   #

2 comments:

Carol said...

I loved looking at these treasures, Del!

Loretta said...

If I can get to the bottom of my flatware draw, I might be able to add to your collection...it is fun find old special treats when you least expect it!
Please, stay well.