Friday, April 3, 2020

Checking in with friends 04-03-20

Today the group I belong to in SDiego had a meeting - online with ZOOM.  It was great fun, how wonderful to see my friends again after missing several meetings.  We visited, did Show & Tell, asked and gave advice - just like a regular meeting.  And we were able to meet our dogs and cats - such nice furry babies.  I hope we can do it again next week.  

I showed the unending yellow strip quilt I have been working on as the mood strikes me. 



Yellow Strip quilt - basically a jelly roll quilt only I cut the yellow strips from my fabric library.  The mostly red separators are from a bag of fabric pieces from a lady who cleaned out her sewing supplies.  They were sewn as prairie points and I just ripped out the stitching and evened them up. This is a sort of autumn in New England color scheme.  It is currently 65" long (why didn't I make it 70"?) and 56" wide.  I'll be figuring out some borders..  




All of the quilts I make have a bird in them somewhere.  In this quilt they are on one of the printed fabrics.  Yellow fabric with birds?  How could I not buy it?


#   #   #



1 comment:

Carol said...

I’m so happy you used zoom! It seems like magic to me. We plan as extended family checkin on Easter.
I wonder if our book group could use it?