Tuesday, March 17, 2020

Tomorrow, I'll start tomorrow! 03-17-20

Still trying to get going, but not accomplishing anything much.  KoKo and I walk about a half an hour loop in the morning sometime between 8 and 10am and again in the evening about 7pm.  It is nice to not be walking in the dark these days.  There are plenty of street lights and yard lights and porch lights, so it is safe to walk after dark, but one doesn't see much along the way.  This morning there were gardeners at about a third of the houses.  The last two Tuesdays were rainy, so the grass was very tall and the guys had a workout.  It was mostly sunny, with lots of clouds to the north,  but we had no rain today.  

Brian Street is the next street over and half of our "loop".  It has a bit of a curve and a few more houses than Warren Street.  The house on the right has lovely high desert landscaping.  The tall orangish plant that sticks up higher than the others is a pencil cactus (Euphorbia Tirucalli) which turns red in the brighter sunlight.  It isn't actually a cactus, but one of the euphorbias and it has many different common names:  Indian Tree SpurgeNaked Lady Plant, Aveloz, Milk Bush Plant, and Petroleum Plant.   It is native to Africa and India.  In this area it will grown maybe 30 feet tall with multiple "trunks".  Most of the plants I see are about two feet tall, so this one has been growing for quite a long time.  The white sap can be irritating and even poisonous.  

#   #   #


1 comment:

Loretta said...

Good Morning, I'm late starting today...watched a NOVA movie last night, which ran late! The undersea world and its inhabitants. I enjoyed it, but it seems fell asleep almost to the end! So, therefore, the sleeping in. In today's emails I received a note asking for my website...which I only have an oldish blog, for my work. I am hoping to be placed on the wait list for the Susan K Black Foundation summer painting workshop. I originally hesitated to sign up as one needs to audition work! But, too late, I sent in a request for the wait list thereby giving myself a hedge! We'll see what they say.
So, you're putting off, another day to start! Well, I understand that process! Have yourself a lovely day...it's drizzling up here, so a bit gray! Stay well.