Thursday, May 28, 2020

Just a brief note. 05-28-20


I apologize, I am just so tired tonight I need to get to bed.  Yesterday at Back Porch Fabrics we took down the 32 quilts from the Thomas Contemporary Quilt Collection that have been hanging since early February.  Not many people were able to see them because the Virus shut everything down.  Back Porch opened May 4th and there is another exhibit lined up to be hung tomorrow.  So, I drove up on Tuesday on Hwy 101, an easy drive in lovely weather and light traffic.  Of course, there were those construction zones, but since there weren't that many travelers there was only slow down, no delay.  Spent the night at the Centrella, a B&B right down the street from Back Porch Fabrics, and we started taking down the quilts at 10am.  It is always sooo much faster to take them down than to hang them.  We were done in about an hour and a half and the quilts were in the car.  I drove along Monterey Bay to Asilomar and was surprised that the entrance had barriers.  Of course, it is a state park and they are still closed in California.  So, back along the Bay with many, many people walking, riding, sitting running, etc.  So much sunshine and all that lovely blue and white surf.  Then I just headed home.  I thought I could stop if I got tired, but I just kept driving.  It was 103F at Harris Ranch on I-5 near Coalinga, CA, where I took a break.  Then just go, go, go until I was home about 8:30pm.  Really too late to get KoKo from the KoKo Keeper and my legs were shaking from the two days of driving.  I slept ten hours!  10!  Of course, I got up a couple times, but was able to slip right off again.  Today has been busy and I did not get a chance to edit any pictures.  It is on the top of my list for tomorrow.  KoKo is home so he can keep the chill off tonight, I hadn't realize how much he keeps me warm, I needed a quilt last night.  




#   #   #

2 comments:

Carol said...

No wonder you are tired! A successful, but very quick trip.

Martha Ginn said...

Thinking of you and your tiring trip, Del. I know you are glad to have KoKo back beside you. Such a comfort for us who live alone to have our fur babies close! I enjoyed reading (late) about the Dutch Baby. haha