Sunday, May 24, 2020

Still isolating 05-24-20

I have completed 66 Little House blocks and set three aside to provide space for the palm trees.  I still think two more trees are needed.  Although they are displayed here in a horizonal arrangement the finished piece will be vertical. And there will probably be a minimal border.  I am moving the blocks around to get a better distribution of color. 


Little Striped Houses - in progress. 

With the bag of scraps open on the floor by the cutting table I couldn't help but notice all the green pieces and I was inspired to create a fused background for some future quilt. It is only 14" square and I am picturing a spreading tree fused to the background.   The method I use is to cut a backing piece of fabric and fuse on a layer of WonderUnder.  I peel off the paper and lay the strips on the fusible, pinning as necessary to keep them in place.  After a few rows I heat up the dry iron and fuse what I have done, then continue to add pieces and fusing sections until all the backing piece is covered.  There are some very skinny pieces to cover what might show of the backing fabric.   It is sort of like doing a jigsaw puzzle and since it is on my cutting table which I pass whenever I go to the bathroom I can't help but stop and add a piece or two.  It is very addicting for me.  

Yesterday I met a friend in Oceanside for lunch!!  It was a momentous occasion since neither of us has been out for lunch since the Virus appeared in February.  We went to the Rosewood on Mission just west of Ditmer.  They are not seating inside, but have an area fenced off in front with tables and chairs.  Our food came in takeout boxes, but was just a delicious as the last time we ate there - inside on actual plates.   I recommend this for a lunch in Oceanside.  

#   #   #

1 comment:

Carol said...

I love the houses! What fun to have lunch outside! Maybe we can take a trip there sometime in the future.