Wednesday, October 21, 2020

Quilts from SAQA online auction 10-21-20

Every year I set aside a certain amount of money for the SAQA auction and have only exceeded my limit once - I couldn't resist!  So, there are always a few quilts I would really like to add to the Collection that don't fit the money available.  This year I purchased eight little 12 X 12 quilts.   Why those eight?   I suppose mainly because I admire them and think they fit into the Collection.  I try to add new artists and new techniques.  As always there are a few birds for that ever expanding section.   I will post one quilt at a time. 

The first purchase at the very top price was Sue Benner's "Flower Field Study #9". So colorful.  So balanced.  So beautifully designed.  So Sue!

"Flower Field Study #9"  Sue Benner -Texas  2020  12" X 12"
Cotton, silk, rayon?, hand- dyed fabrics.  
Fusing, machine quilting. 
Satin stitch binding.  

The gold streaks in the background are dyed. 


On the back is Sue's unique gold ink title and signature.  The sleeve is a cotton print.  

#   #   #

No comments: