Sunday, November 29, 2020

TCQC - Amidst the Fire - K. Grace Howes

This is a quilt from the SAQA online auction 2010.  Sometimes I find that that my attraction to the auction quilts is  not so much when I have them hanging on my wall.  But this one still "speaks" to me and I enjoy it whenever it is hanging.  

"Amidst the Fire"  K. Grace Howe - Huntersville, NC   2009  12"W x 13"L

Hand-dyed cottons, fusing, beading, machine appliqued and pieced and machine quilted.

The artist's statement was:  "There's a constant burning in my brain to produce, produce, produce. I can only do so much in the time given and yet, wonderfully, there is always another spark of creativity ready to be ignited. Much like an eternal flame, passion for the job never wanes."

 

A simple label giving the necessary details.  I removed the phone number because one artist asked me to go back and remove her number from the picture.  I hadn't thought of that causing a problem, but I can see that it might.  So, I TRY to remember to always do it.  If I don't, please let me know.  

#   #   #

No comments: