Sunday, February 28, 2021

Friday Food - a few days late 02-28-21

Eating out!  What a thrill it was.  On Friday I drove down to Oceanside to pick up my "Palms" quilt at OMA and meet friends for lunch.  We went to Rosewood Kitchen located on Mission St just past Ditmar St.   We have eaten there previously and the food is always excellent.  They have a covered patio on the sidewalk, so there is traffic noise, but the food is worth it!  


One of us ordered the white pizza which she has eaten here before and it was, as usual, excellent. 


Another of us ordered the tuna cake, like a crab cake made with tuna instead.  She said it was also excellent.  Nice presentation. 


She also ordered the Brussels Sprouts. "Sauteed with Smoked Bacon, Balsamic Reduction, Pistachio Nuts".  And she let me take home her leftovers.  M-M-M-M, good. 


I had the salmon.  My usual choice when I eat out, but I had not had it here on past visits.  It was one of the specials so I can't quote from the menu, but it came on a bed of rice and black beans with veggies and a lovely silky sauce.  I did bring half of it home to eat (with the Brussels Sprouts) for dinner tonight.  It held up well.  I added half an avocado which was ready.  
I know that many of you long to go out to eat, so if you are in Oceanside I recommend Rosewood Kitchen. 
 
KoKo seems to be doing okay.  He has not thrown up again, but he has only eaten Tbls of the special canned food from the vet.  Only half of the can has been eaten.  I know he must be hungry as he goes to his placemat every time I walk into the kitchen, but the vet said not to give him anything else.  He is not drinking water regularly as he usually does.  I have given him the medications as the vet directed and I think they make him a little lethargic.  We have spent most of today in my chair, he sleeps and I have read a whole book.  The Goddess knows I have a million other things I should do, but KoKo deserves every minute I can give him and right now that means rest. I did do my one hour of daily sewing and my PTherapy exercises and we went for a walk this evening.  It has been terribly windy almost all day so we skipped the morning walk.  

#   #   #

2 comments:

Loretta said...

Your out of house lunch sounds wonderful. Pleased you were able to spend time with quilting friends. Poor little KoKo...still not up to his fun little self. Sick pets can be worrisome just because they are not able to verbally communicate. Sounds as though you are the perfect nurse, so hopefully, in just another few days he'll be his old fun self. Thank goodness for Froggie! Take care.

Anonymous said...

Hoping your sweet Koko will feel better soon!
Amy in Austin