Tuesday, October 12, 2021

Hurrah - On The Road Again! 10-12-21

But I have forgotten what a hassle it is to get online at a new motel.  And "they" want me to put a lock on my phone so that everytime I use it I will have to unlock it.  Things get more complicated every day.  I hope I can figure out a way to just sign in while I am here without having to change my password or unlock something every time.  Groan.   To top it off, this room has no desk or table.  I have my laptop on a little round side table and the mouse on a chair and I am sitting sideways on soft upholstered chair - my neck already hurts.  So, this may be short. 

My cell phone camera did not take all the pictures I thought I took.  When I take them my mind writes a sort of story line and those images are all missing.  Don't know what this one is, but it is soft and sweet!

Instead of going north on I-5 to Santa Nella and taking 152/156 over Pacheco Pass and then having to go south on 101 and 01, I decided to take 198 from Harris Ranch to 101.  It is a slow road, but very little traffic.  Lots of curves, posted speeds down to 20mph, but I did enjoy the scenery. 

Unfortunately, these are all the pictures that came out. 

The only living things I saw were ravens, crows and a few black cows.

Hwy 101 goes through the Salinas Valley where much of the vegetable crops are grown to feed the entire country.  Interesting to see how many more huge wind turbines have gone up in the past two years when I haven't driven this way.  And, unfortunately, also more houses that take up farm land.

By the time I got to Salinas it was dark, so I didn't see anything but headlights and taillights from 101 to Pacific Grove.  I stopped at Il Vecchio, my favorite Italian restaurant, and had pumpkin soup and broccoli and bread - delicious.  I poured the olive oil/balsamic vinegar that came with the bread over the broccoli and will have it for salad tomorrow.  Yum. 

I am at the Rosedale Inn, across the street from Asilomar.  I've never stayed here before, but wanted to stay somewhere familiar since I will spend the week sewing in my room, if I can get a table to put my machine on.  I take the quilts to PIQF tomorrow and pick them up on Sunday, so I have lots of time to just rest, sew, walk, visit Back Porch Fabrics, and see some friends.  KoKo is with a KoKo Keeper in Yorba Linda - Laura Bell has taken care of him before, but not for several years.  She says he is being good.  

#   #   #

1 comment:

Loretta said...

On the road again!!! Yahoo!!! and visiting Asilomar!!!! Yahoo, Yahoo!!!

Enjoy your time....take a small stroll on the beach!!!