Saturday, October 16, 2021

Still in Pacific Grove, CA 10-15-21

It is actually Saturday morning, I don't know that I have ever written a morning post!  But last night I just crashed about 9:30pm, don't think I did anything to make me so tired, but I was. 

I took pictures specifically for Friday Food post, so here they are on Saturday morning. . 


Breakfast at The Red House with a view across Lighthouse Street showing the yellow B&B that has been there forever.  You can just see the corner of the "shelter" in front of the restaurant, taking up all the parking spaces on that side of the street.  There are at least a half a dozen of these structures on the street in front of cafes.  This one was fully occupied with happy breakfast diners, but there seemed to be only one extra waiter.  Still a little chilly for me to eat outdoors.



I have always enjoyed the "homeiness" of Red House.  The hand made sign says "We love you a Latte" which amused me, although surely I have seen this expression before. 

Directly in my view was this couple who are happily expected, seemingly any moment!  They were so loving and I think I even saw the baby give a giant kick.  Babies during Covid, seems scary to me.  Anyway, I enjoyed watching them enjoying each other and their baby. 


The same waiter who served me in May 2020.  He has worked here for quite a few years I think. Nice guy.  He was a little taken aback when I just ordered coffee and a slice of Olallieberry pie with ice cream - for breakfast!!!  When it came it had whipped cream and I told him I wanted ice cream.  He said they didn't have ice cream.  "What? You always have ice cream!"   "Not today.  Sorry."  But the pie was delicious, if not a very large slice.  


And for dinner my very favorite at Il Vecchio.  Carbonara, broccoli, bread w/oil/balsamic.  I ate every bite with murmurs of love.  Asked for more oil/balsamic and pour all of it over the broccoli which I will eat for lunch today.  I wished for all of you to be there to enjoy this special place and evening.  

#   #  #


3 comments:

Loretta said...

Your days at Pacific Grove are always memorable....I just love that place....perhaps I'll make it down early next year.
Thank you so much for sharing your lovely dinner and breakfast....I did drool some!
Take care and, please, stay well.

Carol said...

A delicious day!

Sherrie Spangler said...

I think we have the same taste in food. Everything you order sounds so delicious, and I've had pie for breakfast many a day!