Monday, January 31, 2022

Blossoms and Thumbs! 01-31-22

All of a sudden there are new flowers everywhere.  It can't be spring yet, we have only had one rain storm.  Hope more are coming. 


A tulip tree or tulip magnolia is an early bloomer. Hard to take a good picture because there are houses around in every view.  This is the best I did today. 

The blossoms are loose and sort of floppy and a bit larger than my spread hand.  No fragrance that I can tell. 


This Bradford Pear, an ornamental, seemed to just burst into bloom overnight.  They are very lovely, but probably half the population in now sneezing and sniffing. Fortunately for our allergies the blooms don't last long. 

Camellias here are almost the first spring flowers after the narcissus.  Can't count roses because some variety is always in bloom year around.  This camellia bush in a neighbor's yard is under a slight roof overhang and against a west facing brick wall is always the first to burst forth - nice and warm.  


My bad luck!  I have time and enthusiasm for sewing and what do I do?  Cut my right thumb in the middle of the pad.  It isn't a deep cut and hardly bled, but it is in the worst place and vertical at that - catches on everything.  The flexible bandages work okay, but they also catch on every thread and make it hard to hold onto a needle.  I hope it is healed enough tomorrow before I lose my sewing mojo.  

#   #   #
 

 


3 comments:

Loretta said...

Hang on to that MoJo! ;-)

Mary Ann said...

Love seeing those beautiful flowers! We still have about 5" of snow, expecting temps in the 40s today followed by rain and then a drop into the teens and a snow and ice storm. But snow falling is very pretty.

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

It is nice to see spring blooming since we are in the middle of an ice storm right now. I hope your thumb heals quickly.