Thursday, February 3, 2022

Bindings 02-03-22

 I am working at binding some pieces made a long time ago.  This one is 5 1/2" X 9" and from a Sue Benner class on landscapes, maybe six years ago. 
 
The scene is from an island in Puget Sound, Washington.  So calm, showing Mt. Baker with a clear sky until a large black cloud rolls in.  I am not happy with the cloud, it looks a little like a submarine, but that is what I could find in the fabrics on hand.  I have tried to lighten it with some white pencil.

Anyway, the finish on the edge is what I think of as blended, overcast binding.  Using the widest zigzag on my machine and changing the thread color to match the color of the fabric.  It is a time consuming process with all the thread ends to bury.  But I do like the look.

#   #   #

No comments: