Thursday, January 5, 2023

Will skip a day~ 01-05-23

KoKo and I went to an open house in San Clemente on Sunday.  This is the old fashioned "open house" which is a get-together with friends for the purpose of visiting and eating and having a good time.  NOT the real estate open house to show a house that is for sale.  I explain this because when I used the term two different people said "Are you looking for a house?"   So, depending, I suppose, on one's age the term has a different meaning. 

This was the annual event hosted by Nancy Ota and family.  It is partially a potluck, but Nancy provides quite a few dishes herself.  I always take a box of See's, but this year I also took an assortment of olives from Whole Foods "Mediterranean Bar".  There are offerings other than olives and I bought some tiny red peppers with a vinegar/sweet flavor.  I thought they would be festive with the various greens of the olives, but they were also delicious!  They are at the center of this picture between the salmon and the spare ribs.  




There were Japanese foods and Anglo foods.  

Sashimi  on ice. 

Many kinds of sushi.

And much, much more.  I ate a little of everything - so delicious. 

Will not write tomorrow night when I am in San Diego.  Trying to travel a little lighter and won't take my laptop.  

#   #   #



3 comments:

Loretta said...

Love, love, love the food spread....
Also, love, love, love your getting back on the road if only for a short time and trip. I too am ready for the road, but for the moment need to continue my walking rehab! Just a glitch in the rt hip, but when I start the day it makes itself known! Have yourself a splendid time wherever you go! Take care and stay well!

Rebecca said...

What a spread! I noticed the international mix of serving utensils as well as food.

Seeing the sushi makes me wonder if you went to your favorite sushi restaurant while in SD.

Sherrie Spangler said...

That looks so delicious! I love sushi.