Saturday, May 25, 2024

More Flowers 05-25-24

Temperatures are rising, but only in the 70s, and the bougainvillea are great piles of color.  They grow  into great piles or walls of color and with the support of a wall can attain 40' or so.  The thorns are vicious, requiring great care when trimming.  I will never have them in my yard again - too treacherous.  The vivid color red/pink/burgundy/orange/white  is from the bracts supporting the flower, that tiny white dot that is hardly noticeable.  They do not have a fragrance. 








#    #   #

1 comment:

Sherrie Spangler said...

I love the lush look of bougainvillea. I planted some when I moved to Tucson, but they freeze every winter and have to be cut back, then they take forever to flower again. I should have planted something else, but I've always wanted to have bougainvillea!