Sunday, January 4, 2009

Darkness comes early 01-03-09

When went out for a walk on Friday I discovered that 4:15 was too late to take pictures without a flash. Although Thursday was gorgeous, it has been dreary and drizzly since. I walked around the house to check the drains because we were having sprinkles - I don't do it often enough, going in/out through the garage or front door or the slider onto the patio. At any rate, I discovered that my paper whites are at least twice as tall as they usually are at the first of the year. I guess it is the very warm weather we have had this past fall and the four and a half inches of rain in the last month - which is more than we sometimes have in a year. No blossoms yet and only a few buds. I need to get out and prune my roses - it has to be done before the end of January. One more thing on the endless list!
This is Sunday already, so tonight I will post another TCQC quilt.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Patty ♣ said...

Hi Del, here at my home the paper whites are blooming! They were up a week before Christmas! I think you are right, it was the warm weather. Yay! There is sun today!