Friday, January 14, 2011

Friday Feet 01-13-11

This is where my feet were walking yesterday.  I don't know if these tiles were in the sidewalk before the San Jose Museum of Quilts and Textiles moved there.  They aren't all exactly quilt designs, but I suppose they all could be.  There are several museums on this street the quilt museum entrance is at the top left of the image. I had thought to take a picture of the doors, but construction is underway, creating a real mess at the entrance.

Drunkard's Path - it is hard to see at first because of the white chips in the background - something to watch for when one is constructing such a block in fabric.

Tumbling Blocks.  The colors are a bit brighter, but the fresh rain reflects the light and makes them lighter.

A horse with the head of a calf?  These grey chips make a better background than the white chips above..
You might notice that I usually wear the same style of shoes - maybe "Friday Feet" will inspired me to try some new styles.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Rayna said...

Ah, yes - I remember those blocks in the sidewalk. I doubt they were there before the museum showed up. Is that RAIN I see? Wet sidewalks or a mirage?

While you were looking at Marvin & Hilary's collection, I was enjoying Jack Walsh's stories, slides, and a few quilts from his collection. Aren't we lucky?