Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Weather 01-11-11


Maybe I should title this post "Why I Live in Southern California"!  I worry about all of you who live in snow country - tonight the TV weather guys are talking about a tremendous snow storm ready to roll into the North Eastern states.  Right on the tail of the one that is still flaying the South.  I don't know how you all cope with the snow and the ice and the cold.  I check these cities where friends live and get the chills.  I hope you are all keeping warm and dry tonight and that you don't have to go out in the storm tomorrow. 
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

dee said...

Hi Dear!
20 inches on the ground and it's still coming down here in Northport NY where the temp is 25 degrees.
Wish I could teletransport for a few weeks..

Allie said...

I imagine it's terrible in the South - I used to live in Georgia and Dallas, and no, they're not used to it. But the rest of us? Not a problem, you prepare like you would for an earthquake or hurricane. Personally, I LOVE driving in snow, but my vehicle will handle it. I just don't like the cold - not good for arthritis. I don't think I could live without all the seasons, though!

Rayna said...

I don't mind the snow if the roads are clear but I HATE the damn freezing cold! Today was ghastly; I even wore my shearling clogs - and it was just in/out of the car. Ick.

Actually, I don't understand how people live in places like Minnesota, Wisconsin, North Dakota and Rochester, NY. Gives me the chills just to think about it. 33 degrees F doesn't sound so bad, after all.

June said...

The Lawrence temp reminded me of why I live in Portland. The grass is definitely greener here -snort-

Of course, there is southern Cal., but alas, we went north instead. I'm looking forward to your trip photos.