Monday, January 10, 2011

A Quilt from my private collection 01-09-11

I do have quilts that are not part of the Thomas Contemporary Quilt Collection.  Not many - some were gifts from friends and some are quilts I purchased before I started the Collection which I consider too traditional; several are bed quilts that I actually use on my bed.  And there is the matter of temptation I cannot resist!  I purchased this one slightly more than a year ago at the Virginia Quilt Museum online auction, because I think it is lovely and beautifully made.   I like to look at it!  And with the purchase I helped to support the Museum.  It is always a good thing to support quilts of any kind.

 
"Angels We Have Heard On High"  Donna Bensey - Charlotte, VA  2009 
17" X 17"
Hand applique and machine quilting.  
The quilting around the angels is done with dark blue thread and really cannot be seen on the front - nice job.


 
Nicely coordinated fabric as the backing and a crispy computer generated label - very nice.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Patty ♣ said...

Beautiful! A Snowflake at first ...

June said...

It's definitely lovely. But of course, you always have good taste;-)

It's sleeting and snowing (depending upon your altitude) in Portland this evening. A good evening not to be out and about.