Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Visions - the Int'l exhibit in Oceanside 01-25-11

Another trip to Oceanside today with three friends from the Book Group.  Verna and Teresa are quilt makers and Carol is a quilt admirer, so sometime when the exhibit is on we like to go down and talk about quilts and techniques. 

 
The sky was pretty clear as we drove down and the Oceanside Civic Center is as white as always!  This view is looking at the back corner of the museum building. I didn't notice the flag on the left side center, too bad the wind wasn't in a different direction.

 
Right now the Bird of Paradise flowers are everywhere, they are a great addition to the winter landscape.  The camellias are starting to bloom, but I got sidetracked and didn't take a picture.

It was very nice to look at the quilts without the crowd that was there on Saturday, but I missed Charlotte Bird's comments on the quilts.  I wish I had been able to tape them to go over in the peace and quiet of home.  But I know a number of the artists' work and am familiar with many different techniques, so I gave a pretty thorough spiel.   Two ladies, neither of them quilt makers, joined us here and there and seemed to enjoy seeing the exhibit.

Afterward it was a toss-up between Sammy's Wood-Fired Pizza a few miles south on I-5 or Ramos House Cafe in San Juan Capistrano for lunch.  They insisted I make the choice, so we went to Ramos House.  It was delicious, as always.  One of us ordered the sweet potato fries and I almost ripped them off her plate - yummy.  We all enjoyed the meal and the visit and the rustic atmosphere.  Where there was a small parking lot there is now a small park, so it is imperative that one park in the two level garage on the opposite side of the RR tracks.  I forgot and had to make a circuitous trip back to park after dropping the others off at the restaurant.    And then the drive home as the rush hour(s) traffic was starting.  Nice to have three carpool buddies to allow driving in the reserved lane.   Lovely day. Lovely company. Lovely lunch.  Thanks, my friends, it was a treat.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Rayna said...

Lucky you- sounds like a lovely day. NOT to mention that as the snow is coming down here at 8:am, I am happy to look at your beautiful pictures of warm weather and fleurs.
Argh - here we go again! And I have two must-do errands this morning. As always, I love reading your blog.

Carol said...

It was such a treat, Del. I always learn so much from you! Thank you for making it happen.

Gerrie said...

Love the Bird of paradise photos - they look so animated!