Monday, January 24, 2011

"Tillamook Rooster" by Terry Grant 01-23-11

At the Studio Art Quilt Associates 2010 online auction in October I purchased six of the quilts, but I have only posted half of them.  I definitely need to spend some time on the Thomas Contemporary Quilt Collection records and files to be sure everything is up to date.


"Tillamook Rooster"  Terry Grant - Beaverton, OR  2010 12" X 12"
Cotton Fabrics.  Raw edge machine applique, machine quilting.

Tillamook on the coast of Oregon is a place dear to my heart, with fond memories of visits when I was a child.  I don't remember any chickens from those trips, just the Pacific Ocean, cows and cheese!   Terry is a versatile quilt maker who is inspired by the many things she sees in her life and her travels - there are a number of her quilts in the Collection and I'm sure there will be more in the future.  Read Terry's Blog at  http://andsewitgoes.blogspot.com/

Monday - 01-24-11  Terry sent some more information about this quilt:
I saw this chicken at the Blue Heron Cheese company, a smaller cheese company than the Tillamook Cheese place, but very near it and the Latimer Quilt and Textile Center. They make excellent blue cheese. The lunches at the Blue Heron are good and there are beautiful chickens and other animals wandering around the grounds.
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Christine Thresh said...

I like Tillamook cheese and I really love Terry's Rooster. What a great little quilt.

Susan Brubaker Knapp said...

This piece was one of my favorites in the SAQA auction... but then, I love all of Terry's work!

Gaby Prado. said...

wonderful!!!
I like you style, congratulacion!

Saludos desde Costa Rica!
Gaby

Terry Grant said...

I saw this chicken at the Blue Heron Cheese company, a smaller cheese company than the Tillamook Cheese place, but very near it and the Latimer Quilt and Textile Center. They make excellent blue cheese. The lunches at the Blue Heron are good and there are beautiful chickens and other animals wandering around the grounds.

Suzanne Kistler said...

I love this quilt! I was also keeping an eye on it before the auction began. So glad to know it's in your hands!!