Friday, January 28, 2011

Friday Feet 01-28-11


How quickly we forget the weather!  Lately on the TV weather reports there has been a lot said about there not being any rain.  How can they forget the deluge we had before Christmas?  This image was taken on January 9th and shows the moss growing in the area by the front porch which doesn't get any sun at all during the darkest days of winter. The moss was extra healthy this year due to all the early rain, but soon the sun will be high enough in the sky to bake the moss into extinction.   My feet wearing my 'house Birks' are on the edge of the stone walk way, also with a lush growth of moss between the stones.

I don't remember where I came across this Wall Street Journal article from May 2009, but I found it interesting and thought some of you would also.  http://tinyurl.com/pwtq44  

 Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

June said...

Can't see the moss for the shoes in fine fettle!