Saturday, January 29, 2011

A Walk in the Park w/Corky + Road2CA pix 01-29-11

Corky is here at Camp Del this weekend.  It has been a long time since he was here Dec 13th.  Of course, I have seen him at his house in Long Beach and his house in Lake Havasu City, AZ.  But it is special when he is here and it is just the two of us. 
  
We walked at Tri-Cities Park yesterday.  As you can tell by the long shadows it was late in the day - four-thirty or later, I think.  I don't know what this lady and her son were serving, but the ducks came running and flying in from all directions.  I thought I could capture their iridescent green heads and the bright orange feet, but no luck.  Corky has never paid the slightest attention to birds of any kind - he just keeps walking, no matter how close they get to us.  Beneath his notice, perhaps?

The lake is very full and the water laps high on the banks.  The park is surrounded on all sides by houses, but in some views, such as this one, we might be out in the wilderness somewhere.  It can be very lovely.  Except for the cormorants up in their favorite trees, moaning and groaning and flapping around - mating time, maybe?

 
Does he look perplexed?  I am the perplexed one.  He sometimes does what I have named his "vaudeville act".  He stands and stares at me until I look at him, then he starts with whining, a bark or two, moaning, sneezing, coughing, shaking his head, grumbling - still standing there, staring at me.  He had his dinner and went out to do business, had his evening meds, a nice back massage and ear rub, and even an extra baby carrot.  He wants SOMETHING, but I don't ever know what it is.  Finally he gives up, jumps in his bed and goes to sleep.  And he will stay there until he wakes me up at 6am and wants to go out NOW.  Actually, I will take him out to piddle before I go to bed - that usually will hold him until six or even six-thirty.  His parents are early to bed, but I am a night owl and rarely retire before midnight.  I've wondered if he just wants me to go to bed, but can't imagine why he cares.  He doesn't like to sleep in a people bed with people in it, always wants to be in his own bed - which ever one is closest to his person of the moment.  I sometimes wish he could talk so I would know what he is getting at, but he would probably be a terribly bossy guy! 
 Road to California has not yet posted the pictures of the 2011 winners.  There are several Blogs with pictures of quilts the Bloggers liked.  I think the best one, because attribution is given on all but one image, is a three part posting.  Check it out:

4 comments:

dee said...

He really is so darling. Don't tell him I said so though. Guys hate that.

Gaby Prado. said...

Hola namiga que rico pasear y que lindo parque, gracias por compartir!!!

Gaby

abelian said...

Thanks for the links to Elizabeth's blog with the Road photos. I remember the one winning quilt she didn't give a name to - I agree with her!

You have her part II linked twice, and not part III. :-)

Dottie

Corky said...

Enjoyed the links to the show photos. Some great quilts. Boy do I miss the big quilt shows! Sure wish someone would bring one this way.